Become a Project Rousseau volunteer and help brighten the futures of underserved youth in your region. There are several ways you can become involved:
Become a Mentor
- As a mentor at one of our participating colleges, you would be matched up with a Project Rousseau student in the same class as you, i.e. a college freshmen would be matched up with a 9th grader, a college sophomore with a 10th grader, etc.
- Mentors are expected to meet with their Mentee at least once a week over the course of their high school career.
- The bond between our Mentors and Mentees is extremely powerful and is central to our program.
- These relationships have proven to be successful, lifelong friendships built on trust and mutual respect.
- Read our Mentor and Mentee testimonials here.
Tutor our Students
- All our students benefit from group SAT classes and subject specific classes as part of our academics pillar.
- Classes take place on a weekly or fortnightly basis during term time and more frequently during vacations.
- We rely on volunteers of all ages and academic specialities to facilitate our academic program.
- We train our volunteer tutors and tailor our curriculum in order to expose our students to the best of US education.
- Apply to join our team of expert tutors here.
Start a Chapter
- We are looking to expand our existing chapters to cover new regions of the U.S.
- If you are a college student or staff member and are interested in getting involved in running your own chapter as part of Project Rousseau, please contact us.